Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Contentment

I got this book for Mother’s Day and I love. Here are some quotes from the book that I love.

“Elder Russell Ballard reiterated this sentiment in his assertion that “there is no role in life more essential and more eternal than that of motherhood.”

“The Prophet Joseph Smith is reported to have said at one time that one of the greatest sins for which the Later-day Saints would be guilty would be of ingratitude. I presume most of us have not thought of that as a serious sin. There is a great tendency for us in our prayers-to ask for additional blessings. Sometimes I feel we need to devote more of our prayers to expressions of gratitude and thanksgiving for blessings already received.”

“As mothers, we need to enjoy the “little” things in life; for one day we may look back and realize that they were the “big” things.”

“I sometimes wonder if my children know from my example and expressions that it is “such a joy to be a mother.” Or, rather, do they view motherhood as difficult and mundane? What attitudes about motherhood am I creating in my home? If my children observe my selfless actions and attitude, it is likely that they too will become selfless. Conversely, if they observe selfishness, then they too may become selfish. What will be the legacy that I bequeath to my children?”

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good book!

Anonymous said...

It helps so much to read those books periodically. I love "Because She Is A Mother" by Elder Holland. Thanks for posting the quotes :)